Monday, December 22, 2008

Power Walkies!

Twice a day you can walk one of the dogs at our animal shelter. When the weather is fine, there is more than enough volunteers. This morning I was the only one there when they opened. And when I brought the dog back, I could see that only three more people had shown up. Guess what... it was raining. Raining hard. Cissies.

The dog I walked was not actually one of the shelter dogs, but one of the "holiday dogs". (When you go away and do not have anyone to look after your pet, it can stay at the shelter for a fee.) It doesn't matter to me; they all deserve to get out for a bit. This dog was about the size of my cats and had a grey muzzle. So I thought, I was in for a comfortable stroll through the forest. Instead she went straight into top gear and we power walked for two hours.

My legs are so tired tonight, I do not need to go for a run or any other sort of exercise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home