Sunday, April 30, 2006

In limbo

I am in limbo. Having achieved the goal I worked so hard for, I don't really know what to do next. I don't want to loose the level of fitness that I have got right now. Quite the contrary, I want to improve it even further. On the other hand I do not want to train five times a week. Three sounds quite enough, thank you.

So, I need a new goal and most importantly I need a training schedule! After careful consideration this is what I have resolved to do:
  1. Shape up and strengthen the muscles that hurt after the race, especially the bum.
  2. Run the half-marathon in Leverkusen on June 11th in two hours.
  3. Run the half-marathon in Cologne on October 8th in 01:50 (is that presumptious? 12 minutes faster than my current personal best?).
  4. Run the marathon in London on April 22nd, 2007 in 04:20 (five minutes faster than this year).

So, I have goals, but I still don't have a training schedule. I really don't like the idea of paying Zeld money for another training schedule; their support was not overwhelmingly good. On the other hand, their schedule worked for me and it was easy to follow. I will have to think about this a little more, maybe I will give them another chance.

In the meantime I have taken the following measures:

  • I have made an appointment with one of the trainers at my fitness club to review my workout programme and maybe include some more excersises for the bum.
  • I have ordered Herbert Steffny's book, which is generally thought of as the runner's bible. I should get it on Tuesday and maybe I can use it to set up a schedule by myself.
  • I have tried to get a place in Steffny's running workshop in July, but it was fully booked. I am on the waiting list and I was told, that there are always cancellations and that it was very likely I would be able to take part.

Until I have made up my mind about what to do regarding Zeld, I have amended the marathon schedule for the next two weeks (less units per week and shorter ones). Tomorrow I will be back in the forest for a two-hour run. I am looking forward to that.

In other news Starbucks have opened a shop in Cologne's main station, right next to the bookshop. My worst case scenario. Vanilla Latte and blueberry muffins too close for comfort. Serious threat to my shape up programme.

1 Comments:

At April 30, 2006 9:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sabine :D Curious.. Since your vegetarian, what do you eat during your training? I’m wondering, because when I was vegetarian, my diet consist of pop and chocolate bars.. I know, bad diet. The only real good nutrition I had though was when I ate different types of beans, mixed veggies and rice. I hope you don’t mind posting what you ate in a course of a week or two do you? Is there any type of foods you eat to keep your energy up and prevent you from being hungry longer? Even though I’m a carnivore now, my vegetarian interest is still there.. Thanks in advance for the info.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home