Sunday, April 04, 2010

Pounding the streets...

...or rather forest tracks. Three more weeks to go. Why am I doing this again???

This week I completed a 29.5k run on Easter Friday. The run has 4 laps and you take short breaks inbetween to eat and drink a little something. Usually the run is a bit shorter although it is officially advertised as a "30k run". But the recent bad weather had caused a landslide in the forest and we had to run a detour. Of course, they did not tell us that the detour was a steep ascending slope! I joined the slowest group and was the only woman until the last lap, when two ladies fell behind their faster group and joined us. I had already looked forward to being the slowest woman and have the shower all to myself. Well, it was not meant to be. The 5 guys in my group were all older than 60, two were even older than 70. I hope that I will be that fit when I am their age! It was a relief that the run went well, no part of my body hurt and I could have gone on for another 10k. So, the marathon seems doable... fingers crossed.

Training done this week:

Specific = 543 min and 69k
Unspecific = 60 min

1 Comments:

At April 05, 2010 4:24 am, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Well done. You are doing very well & 'On track'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home