Friday, October 07, 2005

My marathon ambitions

I started running in April 2003. Another thing I started without really knowing why. Only a couple of weeks before I had been telling someone who was training for a marathon that running was the most boring sport I could think of. Now the treadmill is my second home. Mmmh...

Almost immediately after the first race (10km in 00:59:33 Champion chip time) I started toying with the idea of running a marathon. But I did not feel that I had the endurance and time to prepare for it properly. Two months ago I registered for the Flora London Marathon 2006.

It is easier for overseas entries. We do not have to enter into the ballot, we simply book this once in lifetime experience with a registered travel agent. The official website says that right now it is 6 months, 15 days and 14 hours away. I am scared but I will do it!

Why London? In March this year I bought a ticket to see "Little Britain" in Oxford. I have never booked a show so well in advance, but I am a big fan of the show. The Flora London Marathon is the day before. It is as simple as that.

1 Comments:

At October 07, 2005 11:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sabine you look absolutely good to me, I don't even see the double chin you talked of. Of course you are looked shorter than the tall girl beside you but other than that I see no problem with you. Keep smiling!

Namazzi xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home