Sunday, March 19, 2006

Down by the river (Part 3)

You can rent this boat for parties or other events. It looks like a death-trap to me, but I don't think it ever leaves the jetty, so it's probably ok.


On this side of the river no meadow leads gently to the stream, so steps are needed everywhere:

A flock of seagulls (singing I ran ... not)

The old warehouses are currently renovated and converted into shops, offices and flats. I don't think I will be able to afford living here. The view over the river will be reflected in the rent. But then this is flood area, so I am not too sad.

This is the Bayenturm. It was built in the 11th century as part of the medieval city fortification.

I don't know what this is, but I like it:


This is the German Sports and Olympic Museum. I have not yet been inside, but I do want to go.

The Chocolate Museum...


This I have visited, but I wasn't very impressed. The chocolate fountain is cool...

You get a wafer which has been dipped into the chocolate, but you are not allowed to do that yourself.

I was nearly run over by this...

Strange bird...

This device tells you the current tide gauge of the Rhine:

Back at the main station just minutes before my train back home left. Excellent timing.


3 Comments:

At March 20, 2006 11:51 pm, Blogger Uli said...

Hi Sabine,

you are very sensible not to run through the pain (don't take me as your model).

I very much enjoyed the cologne photos. And the nice blue skye, like it is here on Sylt, but I reckon it's much colder and more windy here.

Keep cool, you are alread fit for London.
Uli

 
At March 24, 2006 4:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sabine

good on you that you listened to your body, I am 100% sure you will make it, and you always make me aware that I should make better use of my digital cam too!

Anna

 
At March 30, 2006 5:32 am, Blogger Rurality said...

Great pics! I could spend an entire vacation at the chocolate factory. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home