Friday, May 12, 2006

Belle & Sebastian

I went to see Belle & Sebastian in concert in Cologne yesterday. It was great. No unnecessary bling bling, just brilliant music. They played something old, something new, nothing borrowed, something blue. The stage was packed with instruments and musicians. I counted eight people, also the band officially currently has seven members.

If they come to a city near you, go and check them out. It's excellent value for money.

Here are some crap pictures I took with my mobile phone:

3 Comments:

At May 13, 2006 12:49 am, Blogger Uli said...

Hi Sabine,

great to see you being alive.

You seem to have been standing very close to the stage. Right in the mid of the teenie section ;-)

 
At May 13, 2006 4:37 am, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Hi Sabine - I must google Belle and Sebastian. Just listened to a NZ song my son was playing this morning called 'Catch The Light' - it was sooo pretty. I said to him I wanted that song played at my funeral - but then I always say that when I hear a good song! He rolled his eyes!! (well, I'm sure he did - when he thought I wasn't looking - or at least inwardly!)
Glad to see you are kicking up your heels - good training for the next marathon!!

 
At May 14, 2006 6:47 pm, Blogger Sabine said...

Hi Uli! The average age at a Belle & Sebastian concert is about 35, I think. So it is all very civilised in the front row. No pushing or screaming. No hysterics, no banners saying "Stevie here I am".

Hi chiefbiscuit! Do you remember the name of the band? Apart from the Finn brothers, there are not many other musicians or bands that I know from NZ. Anything you can recommend? Strange really. Because I know and like a lot of authors. I love your Poetry Thursdays btw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home