Sunday, October 15, 2006

Scones

When Norma told me her granddaughter had made scones, I asked her for the recipe. If a 12-year-old can do this, so can I! The recipe arrived, self-rising flour and clotted cream was purchased in English Shop and today I set about making scones under the supervision of Mr Cat:


It's really not that difficult, but I made a couple of mistakes. The dough was rolled out too flat when I cut the pieces out and I left them in the oven slightly too long (who said that women are multi-tasking? today I clearly wasn't; I was doing something else in parallel, so I simply forgot the scones):


But they taste lovely and I am experimenting which way I like better - the Devon cream tea, where you put the cream first and then the jam, or the Cornwall cream tea, where it is the other way round:


Cornwall looks messier, but they both taste great!

2 Comments:

At October 17, 2006 6:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm heavenly !!! I never knew that about the Devon way or the Cornwall way!

 
At October 17, 2006 10:41 am, Blogger Sabine said...

Norma said: "The reason they put the jam first in Cornwall is that they think their cream is the best and must go on top." I have to admit, I only had Devon clotted cream available. I will try next time with Cornish clotted cream. Maybe then I will be able to tell the difference?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home