Sunday, March 11, 2007

Stats of the week - 6 weeks to go



Total running time: 5 h 52 min
Total distance run: 55 k


I finally clocked up some mileage this week!

Today is a beautiful day, sunny and warm. Like spring. So I went for a long run, longer in fact than I was meant to. But I just felt like running. The forest was totally crowded with runners, walkers, bikers and after a while football fans. Stupid me, I forgot that today my football club has a home match. My usual parking spot was closed and I had to park somewhere completely different. So my run had a different starting and ending point than usual. This confused my body more than I can tell you. It's conditioned to notice certain markers like big trees or railway lines and knows exactly how much longer it has to run to get to the car. This was all wrong today. And to make matters worse, I decided to run the second round the other way around.

Now I am back home, drinking coffee, trying to ignore the sore muscles I have in my butt. Only 1 month and 10 days to go until the marathon. If 20k today give me muscle ache, what are 42k going to leave me feeling like?

1 Comments:

At March 11, 2007 7:19 pm, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

You are amazing ... simply amazing! To run all that way. I walked 4 ks the other day and thought I was a champ - how wrong I was! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home