Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Divine Comedy

Carmen and I went to see The Divine Comedy in a small club in Cologne yesterday. I felt like we had only just been to see them play in the same club, but Carmen insisted that it was over a year ago. Time flies when you are having fun.

Carmen and her boyfriend Franck (who sadly couldn't make it to the concert yesterday) are the only good thing that came out of the dreadful "J. episode" (may he rot in hell - am I still bitter? me? no way. what makes you think that?). Before the concert we met in a Mexican restaurant close by. Happy hour. 1l pitcher of Strawberry Margherita for two. Gossip. A fine night.

My one eye looks funny because it had one of those "red eye" effects that you sometimes have when you take a picture. I tried to get rid of it in Picasa, but now it looks like the one eye is blue and the other brown(ish).

The concert wasn't overwhelmingly good. Not The Divine Comedy's fault. It was the sound that was dreadful. I really like the song "Alfie", but if we hadn't had the set list I wouldn't have recognised it.

I am always impressed by the controls. This is the guy, who was responsible for the sound of the opening act. He knew what he was doing. The other guy didn't.




1 Comments:

At May 20, 2006 1:00 am, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

That Divine Comedy link is so cool! I love the way the titles zip around - so much fun! Glad you had a nice night out with your friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home