Sunday, June 04, 2006

Pentecost

So, it's the Pentecost weekend. Being somewhat of an agnostic, all that means to me is that Monday is a Bank Holiday. Work is still a nightmare, so the extra day off is more than welcome.

This morning I went to the gym again to work on that JLo butt and run on the treadmill for a bit. Next Sunday is the half-marathon in Leverkusen. My foot is still hurting a little, so I have scaled down my expectations regarding the time. I will be very happy (and very surprised) if I finish in 02:10:00. Tomorrow I will go for a run in the forest again (if it doesn't rain) and take my camera. It's been a while.


Good news: A friend sent me a message saying that he has secured tickets for the World Cup for us. We will go and see Korea vs. Switzerland in Hanover. That's probably not the most exiting game to watch and Hanover is not the nearest stadium, but beggars can't be choosers.


Now playing:
Nick Drake's last album "Pink Moon" (1972). It has been digitally remastered and the booklet now includes lyrics and more pictures. It's beautiful, just Nick Drake, an acoustic guitar and a piano. Listen to it on Amazon.

Volkswagen used the title track for a commercial a couple of years back, so you may recognise it.

This year a new book about Nick Drake was published that I want to read:
Trevor Dann - Darker Than The Deepest Sea. I have read exerpts in a magazine and they were very good. I just don't know when to find the time. There is a huge stack of unread books waiting for me already.

1 Comments:

At June 05, 2006 1:46 pm, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Hi I've been away for a bit - enjoyed catching up on your news - love the snail!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home