Saturday, May 20, 2006

"One of these days...

... one of these fans is going to change your life" is what the duffylovers' Stephen Duffy Tribute Album is called. And this is what it looks like:


My copy arrived today and my first impression is ... what a talented bunch our group is! I am not worthy to be part of it. Stephen has written a note for the album and contributed the song "An Open Book". My contribution was ... not contributing. After all it's a tribute and not a spoof and the only thing I could have recorded would have been a William Shatner version of "Kiss Me". (If you don't know what William Shatner sounds like when he "sings", go here: William Shatner - Has Been and listen to his version of Pulp's "Common People"!)

Stewart is the mastermind behind the album and if you read my blog regularly, you'll know that I think the sun shines out of his behind anyway. But now I will build a little altar to worship him for getting this together and out so quickly!

You can buy it here:
Cantunes

2 Comments:

At May 21, 2006 1:17 am, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I have heard William Shatner singing ... yikes!!! What he did to 'Tambourine Man' should classed a criminal offence!
I tried to play Brittle Star but our broadband's on a go-slow for another few days due to Son no. 3's uploading/downloading?? for his iPod ... long story ... anyway it wouldn't play for me so I will try once we are in the faster mode again.

 
At May 21, 2006 2:33 pm, Blogger Sabine said...

Now you know why I said my contribution to the album was not contributing! :-)

Maybe Son no. 3 could download it for you and who knows... he may want to keep it for his iPod then.

Sabine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home