Sunday, May 21, 2006

This and that

No long run this morning. Instead I did some speed training on the treadmill: 81 min / 10.2k in total, run in intervalls of 3 min fast and 5 min slow. My "fast" and my "slow" that is. Uli would probably call it "slow" and "snail pace". No, that's wrong. He would never say that! He's much too kind.

The reason why I am transforming myself into something chipper (hah
chiefbiscuit!) is a 10k race coming up next week. It's a night run and takes place on Wednesday evening. It will be the first test to see how much of my fitness and speed I have already lost due to lack of training.

In other news

  • Finland has won the Eurovision Song Contest 2006. The band is called Lordi (click and look at them at your own risk!) and they were a feast for the eyes!
  • The tax authorities have already sent back the supporting documents that go with my tax return. I hope that means I will receive my money back soon!
  • In last week's workers' council election Anna again got most of the votes. Well done, mate!

Mr Cat hates it when he doesn't take centre stage:

I don't think he knows that the paper I am reading is not quality but tabloid of the worst sort (yes, it's the Express am Sonntag and the BamS; I only buy them because of the extensive coverage of sports of course!). He just sat down on it, because my attention was diverted from him. His message is clear in this picture:

I love you cat, but you can be a pain in the neck sometimes!

1 Comments:

At May 22, 2006 8:26 am, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

That cat is one hilarious cat I can see that - so cat-like!! That's exactly the LOOK!!
Good luck with the training! I am in awe - it takes me all my time to go for a walk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home