Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Back again

Hi, I am back from London. I spent two days in a conference room that had a subaqueous atmosphere: green and blue where the predominant colours, there were no windows. The only thing missing for the full Nemo experience were some effervascent sound effects. But the conference itself was good again and I soaked up information like a sponge.

On Sunday afternoon I met C. for coffee and a chat. He is a erally lovely and funny person and unfortunately he had to leave after two hours. I found the almost perfect vegetable korma in a Indian restaurant just down the road from the hotel. It was only "almost perfect", so the search continues. N. had recommended a restaurant called Govinda's , but it was closed on Sunday. Apparently that is Lord Krishna's day off. He doesn't seem to have a deputy.

I did not have many opportunities to take pictures, but here are some:

London, night view from hotel window



London, morning view from hotel window

Plane

On Monday evening we went to see a musical called Avenue Q. I am not a great musical fan, but this one is really funny, sometimes a bit rude and there is no Andrew Lloyd Webber anywhere to be seen! I really enjoyed it and A. who had organised everything, saw it for the second time. So, it cannot be bad, right?

At the airport we sat a little to close to this shop:

S. was staring at the scarves, I was staring at the handbags. We both resisted the temptation, but it was tough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home