Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I am back in the saddle again...

... riding into town alone... well, not quite alone. I have a new trainer! "But who is it?" I hear you cry. Well, a couple of months ago my friend and fellow running addict Anna started to get faster and faster. In fact, she got so fast that I thought she was secretly doping herself. Eventually she told me the secret to her success: His name is Jens Karass and he is known to the Spiegel Online reading world as "Klemmbrett-Karass" (the English translation of "Clipboard-Karass" doesn't alliterate quite as nicely). Where does the name come from? One of the people Jens coaches happens to be a journalist who writes about his runner's life in the very enjoyable and highly recommended column Achille's Verse. (Best of all: Achim is one of us! He thinks walkers are a pest, too.) He calls Jens "Klemmbrett-Karass", because Jens' favourite coaching accessory is a clipboard. Never leaves home without it apparently!

So, Jens is now my coach, too. Online, because he lives in Berlin. His mission - make me faster, too! More precisely: make me run the London marathon 2007 in 4 h 15 min. It's 5 months and 7 days away. Jens thinks, he can do it. I'll keep you posted.

3 Comments:

At November 15, 2006 6:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That’s amazing. Hope that you get super fast in your running. I know that you will do well in the next London marathon. Oh no. You probably think I’m a real pest because I’m a walker :( well.. maybe it’s ok if you call me a real slow runner ;D Saw your new profile picie :) Mr. Cat is so cute :D All The Very Best on your training @>-->----

 
At November 18, 2006 12:05 am, Blogger Uli said...

Hey Sabine,

This is great news. I look forward to reading what then could be called Sabine's verses.

Good luck for London 2007 and your new pb. You write hat "Klemmbrett" thinks that he can do it. I think you can do it. No doubt. And don't forget: Every run is for fun.

 
At November 21, 2006 7:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet you will do teh marathon in less than 4 hours, 3:59 at least

your follow runner and Klemmbrett addict

Anna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home