Saturday, March 24, 2007

Am I really doing it again?

Today my Flora London Marathon registration form and running number arrived by post. Am I really doing it again? Looks like it. Flicking through the marathon information magazine that came with the form, I felt a lump in my stomach. The map of the route is spread over three double pages and I can remember exactly where it started to hurt last year, what the boring bits where like (uuh... Canary Wharf... it felt like it would never end) and at what point I thought I was going to starve because they don't feed you along the route.

Yesterdays training didn't go too well. I started too fast and had to slow down after 20 minutes. Then after 6k and 8k I had to take short breaks to drink some water and bring my pulse down from "life threatening" to a mere "has just met George Clooney in flesh and blood". So far Jens has been pleased with my training efforts and he thinks that "everything is still possible". I don't want everything. I just want to run the whole distance and survive again. Right now I am scared, that may already be expecting too much this year.

2 Comments:

At March 24, 2007 5:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont worry you will survive I am sure, guess the training the lst weeks was a bit too much after all the weeks before where you did not have time to run, next week will be better again

 
At March 25, 2007 2:50 pm, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

A little fear may help the adrenaline? :) You'll be fine. As we say over here - she'll be right mate! No worries.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home