Thursday, March 29, 2007

Berlin (Part 1)

I am back from Berlin. It was good fun, sightseeing, shopping and running. I fear this will turn out to be more a photolog, then a proper blog. I hope you enjoy it nevertheless.

Denkmal für die ermordeten Juden Europas


Berliner Dom

Museeumsinsel

I think this is the Palais unter den Linden


They are tearing down the former Palast der Republik


Berliner Fernsehturm


Berliner Dom and Fernsehturm

Street light


Humboldt Universität


Brandenburger Tor

And we are governed from here:




The Kanzleramt (or is it Kanzlerinnenamt now?)



Reichstag

The British Embassy with increased security measures (policemen not in the picture; saw non in front of any other embassy; the USA will probably have some too) and a part of the famous Hotel Adlon


Kaiser Wilhelm Gedächtnis Kirche

My hotel was situated next to a little park. A pond, a waterfountain and a duck... I have said it before, I will say it again... it doesn't take much to make me happy.

A bell for world peace

East German "Ampelmännchen"

West German "Ampelmännchen"

I prefer the East German version, but I am afraid it's an endangered species and slowly replaced by the West German one.

1 Comments:

At April 14, 2007 11:40 pm, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I adored my trip to Berlin - thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home