Sunday, April 15, 2007

Stats of the week - 1 week to go

So this was it, the last week of "proper training". Jens has reduced the pace and the kilometers, so stats are:

Total running time: 5 h 56 min (plus 1h on the crosstrainer)

Total distance run: 53.5 k (plus 5.2 on the crosstrainer)

This time next week I hope to be back in my hotel room, showered and happy after a successful run. If the let me take part, that is. I have just spilled coffee over the registration form that I have to hand in at the marathon expo to get my runner's number. Don't know what's wrong with me. That's the fourth time in two weeks that I have knocked over a coffee mug. And there is always some important document ruined (like the original auditor's report for our company, including original not photocopied signatures of the auditor).

The weather is great, but that is bad for my running. I do not perform well in the heat (and "heat" in my world starts at about 20° C). Weather forecast for London next Sunday: rainy and 17° C. Yipee! That's my kind of weather!

Tomorrow I will have to take Mr Cat to the v...e...t. He doesn't know it yet and it's better if he remains in the dark for as long as possible. I fear, he has broken off one of his teeth. The gums look inflamed and he makes a mess when he is eating, probably because he cannot chew properly anymore.

1 Comments:

At April 15, 2007 9:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sabine

my bet is, you do at least 5 minutes better than last year :) will keep my fingers crossed for you next sunday (at least for a part of the 4 hours)

Anna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home