Sunday, April 08, 2007

Stats of the week - 2 weeks to go

Total running time: 5 h 54 min

Total distance run: 59.1 k

I am back at work, so I cannot run as much as I used to over the last couple of weeks. But on Good Friday I participated in a long run which is advertised as 30k, but the organiser told us later that is actually "only" 29.1k (we asked, because we all felt it hadn't been 30k long). It doesn't matter, because it is a fun run not a competition. There is no winner; you run in one of various groups, each with a pace maker for a certain time. The route includes one very steep hill towards the end (after about 23k), which is a challenge. There are three stops along the way to have refreshments like water, bananas and biscuits. I chose the group that ran 6:15 min/k, because 5:00, 5:30 and 5:50 sounded too fast and 6:45 too slow. I did not want to spoil the fun for others by joining a group and not being able to keep the pace. But I could probably have managed the 5:50 group. Even though we were a bit faster than our intended 6:15 (around 6:05) our pace was too slow for my taste, which is good. Unfortunately I cannot draw any conclusions from that for the marathon. After all we did take those three 5 to 6 minute breaks, which I will not do during the marathon.

Happy Easter everyone!

1 Comments:

At April 08, 2007 10:23 pm, Blogger Uli said...

Very well done, Sabine. Let us wait who will have to wait for each other on The Mall. I think I will have to struggle to stay ahead of you. I look forward to meeting you behind the finish line (and before of course).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home