Monday, October 10, 2005

Feeling...

...helpless reading about yet another catastrophe that took thousands of lives. At the same time I am shocked about the detachment with which I look at the pictures. Have I seen too many of them? Am I growing cold or is it a self-protection mechanism? It is sad that it takes things like that to make me appreciate again that I am leading a good life. I have been rather unsatisfied and unhappy about a couple of things lately. But my problems are nothing really, nothing to lose sleep about.

In the paper today it said that the immediate help the USA is going to send to earthquake region is an amazing $ 100,000! Are you sure America? THAT much??? Recently a very rich man paid a very rich popstar £1 million to sing for an hour. Am I the only one who thinks something is not quite right here?

2 Comments:

At October 11, 2005 6:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The world is a very complicated thing Sabine, who would imagine such a meagre amount coming from the most Powerful and richest nation on earth!the only excuse would be that they have also had their share of bad luck this year in form of the 'terrible two' Hurricanes Katrina and Rita which left many Americans devastated, otherwise there wouldn't be any excuse for their meanness but with that in mind I think they deserve a break this time.

 
At October 11, 2005 6:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sabine, I forgot to include my name after the comment. Ooops...

Namazzi xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home