Sunday, January 29, 2006

But baby it's cold outside - part 1

Me and my shadow ventured out this morning to run in -4°C for 140 minutes (for the record: slow pace, about 15.5km). I am sooo proud of "us"!


I took the camera with me and made stops to take some pictures until unfortunately the battery was too low. I did not want my pulse to come down too much during these photo stops, so some of themmay be out of focused, because they were taken in a hurry. But I will put them here nevertheless. But there are so many of them, that I will split this post in two.

It was a beautiful morning, cold and bright, a clear blue sky.

The ground is frozen and there a patches of ices on the ground everywhere. I am not accident-prone, but this morning I kept my eyes to the ground more than I usually do. I may have missed some nice picture opportunities because of that...

The swans, ducks and other waterfowl have found the only spot in the large lake, that is not covered by ice. Or is it ice-free because of the birds? What came first, the egg or the hen?

Someone is feeding them frozen vegetables. Swans and ducks eat tomatoes? You live and learn.

There is not much people can go in for winter sports in our neck of the woods. Ice skating on the frozen lakes, for example.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home