Friday, January 06, 2006

My week in sports

Since Monday I have run a total of 390 minutes (or 45.6 km). The only day that I did not run was Tuesday, because that's my Aikido day. The Flora London Marathon 2006 newsletter issue no. 9 from last week said: "by now you should be exercising at least 20 minutes a day, twice a week". Mmmh....

There was an article about running marathons in one of the Sunday newspapers last week. It said that the healthy thing about running a marathon is not the marathon itself, but training for it. It also said that it's quite dangerous. Again and again, young and apparently very fit runners die during the marathon. The main reasons are undiagnosed heart problems, running too soon after an illness and ... doping. The organisers of the Berlin marathon offer a "pre-marathon clinic" just before the race. Last year about 800 people made use of that, 170 of which were told they shouldn't run. I don't use doping (unless coffee counts), but I have never had my heart checked. I really don't want to die, so I will go and see a doctor before the race.

And my football club finally has a new manager. They fired the old one before Christmas and it took quite a while to find a new one. His name is Hanspeter Latour and he is Swiss. I have to admit that I had never heard of him before. But the first impression is good. Now all we need is some good new players and a bit of luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home