Monday, February 27, 2006

Houston, I have a problem

It's still carnival in Cologne; today is Rose Monday, the day of the parades. The office is closed. If you work today in Cologne, you are either employed in a pub or you are mad.

I spent this morning on the treadmill (the gym closed at lunch time, because of carnival); 84 minutes or 10.2 km. So far, so good. But I have a problem with my schedule for the rest of the week. I have registered for a race on Sunday,
Rund um das Bayerkreuz. I asked my trainer to incorporate this race into my training schedule. But this morning, when I checked the schedule for this week and cast my eyes on Sunday, it said "170 minutes at a heart rate of 146". Next to it he had noted, "I would advise you to go for the long run instead of the race". Aaahhh! I have registered and paid! And I am in a competitive mood. I really WANT to race.

But ... I have a cunning plan (call me
Baldrick!):

I have taken a quick look at my Blackberry and there is only one appointment on Thursday afternoon. I think, I can reschedule that to next week. Then I could take Thursday afternoon off and go for the long run that was scheduled for Sunday. Thursday's training unit would be moved to Wednesday; Saturday's to Friday and Wednesday's to Sunday (aka Racing Day; Wednesday was 60 minutes / 8.4 km; the race is 10 km). Are you still with me? Oh, never mind. As long as I know when to run, it's ok.


Fingers crossed, I can take Thursday afternoon off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home