Saturday, February 18, 2006

They hurry when the voice of football calls

That's a line from the best football song ever, Holte End Hotel, to be found on Stephen Duffy's album Music in Colors (yes, American spelling).

Well, the voice of football called and we hurried to see our team
1. FC Köln play away from home against VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach. I took my camera, figured out how the zoom works and made pictures until the battery went flat.

We arrived a couple of minutes too late, because the lady who lives in the navigation system and I didn't get on. My passenger was slightly more helpful, so we did finally make it to the stadium, which is in the middle of nowhere.

So, here they are: the teams (we are the ones in black, Borussia is wearing white, the referee is wearing a stylish yellow shirt) ...



... their fans ...

... the professional photographers ...

... and Jünter, the mascot of www.borussia.de (use your imagination - it is meant to be a colt) ...

The game itself wasn't too exciting, until this happened:

Our man saw the red card and got sent off, he other one was back on his feet only seconds later...

The inevitable happened ...

Our manager wasn't a happy man ...

... and I wasn't a happy woman (no picture proof; you will have to take my word for it).

In the end we lost 2:0.

It was raining heavily when we left. I think the sky was crying. I fear we will be relegated yet again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home