Sunday, February 19, 2006

Marathon relay

Today we ran a marathon relay in Zons. The teams consisted of four runners, who had to run 10.5485 km each. They could be all men, all women or mixed teams. Ours was all women.

The track was a bit disappointing, because I thought that we would run through the old part of the city, the Feste, which is very pretty. Instead each runner had to run around a field three times.

Before the race started, we met in here:

Along the track some spectators shouted encouragement:

See them run...

I was the last in our team...

...and I set off smiling, listening to Stephen Duffy's I love my friends,...

...and arrived 57 minutes and 41seconds later (at least according to my watch), still smiling (well, sort of) and still listening to I love my friends...

I think we did pretty well and managed to stay under four hours. But official results are not available yet.

2 Comments:

At February 19, 2006 6:05 pm, Blogger Uli said...

Hi Sabine,

congratulations, your running week seems to have been much more successful than mine was. You are well on track, keep going and smiling.

Uli

PS I watched the other Borussia yesterday, a speedy match and the better team won (I am not a BVB-fan as I am born in Bochum).

 
At February 19, 2006 6:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sabine,

You look cool girl!you have certainly lost weight from the last picture I saw on your blog. You absolutely look great. Keep it up.

Love,

Namazzi xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home