Monday, June 05, 2006

Change of plan

Apparently running on the treadmill yesterday wasn't such a good idea; my foot hurt again more this morning. Therefore I decided to abandon the "run in the forest" plan and go to the gym for an hour on the Elliptical Cross-Trainer. I figured that would be better for my foot, because the weight doesn't come crashing down on it when I train. We'll see if I was right tomorrow.

But I promised pictures, so here are some of my neighbours' geese and especially the goslings.

These little bundles of joy are, I believe, Anser anser f. domestica or
Domesticated Geese

They also have couple of very loud and quite aggressive Greylag Geese (Anser anser). You should not ruffle their feathers!

Plus lots of Canada Geese (Branta canadensis)


Cute, but smelly.

1 Comments:

At June 08, 2006 2:24 pm, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Geese remind me of my childhood. I used to be quite frightened of them - they would hiss and run at you with outstretched necks and an evil look in their beady eyes. The goslings were always rather cute though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home