Sunday, June 25, 2006

Football's the word

I went to the gym this morning and now my foot hurts. If this continues, I will have soon lost all the fitness that I worked so hard to get.

To console myself I decided to go shopping. During the World Cup shops are allowed to open on Sundays. I bought new shoes and raided The Body Shop.

One of the public viewing areas...


... near the cathedral...

Forever England...


... Forever 18...

The ceiling in Cologne central station... football heaven...

While I am writing this, England is playing against Ecuador on the telly. They are leading 1:0 and I can hear "Rule Britania". Outside the sky suddenly looks like this:

It's rainging hard now, thunder and lightning. The end of the world?

3 Comments:

At June 25, 2006 10:09 pm, Blogger Uli said...

Hi Sabine,

great to see you back after 10 long days without any posting. I already thought that T-Com would have cut you off again. Hope your foot will get well soon. Do you do any kind of treatment?

I like the station's ceiling. It looks like a football cathedral. Much nicer than the catholic ones.

best wishes
Uli

 
At June 26, 2006 8:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After you rested your foot for so long you should really think about seeing a doctor BEFORE you loose all your fitness! Otherwise I willhave no one to run with at the competitions

Anna

 
At June 26, 2006 1:43 pm, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Wow that sky's awesome - so thrrrreatening! Hope you enjoy the soccer and may the best team win! (Who you support of course who else? - I haven't any favourites so I can say that! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home