Friday, August 04, 2006

1...2...3...lift-off

I have just taken the "under construction" sign down from the website I have been building together with Chris. I feel very strange now. Most nights over the last couple of months have been spent programming. Back in May, I didn't even know how to spell HTML and now I am a webmaster (or should that be webmistress?). The programming is not elegant yet, but at least I got the site to do what I wanted it too.

There is still a lot of work to be done, but I felt it was time to go live. There will always be things that need to be added or changed and if we wait for the site to be perfect, we will never launch it.

So, if you would like to have a look, go and check it out. Mr and Ms Anorak (not married, not related) proudly present the ultimate Stephen Duffy & The Lilac Time archive:

www.duffypedia.com


We did not come up with the name. That was Stewart's idea. He is also our webhost and his support team have seen the number of tickets logged increase dramatically since I moved the site to their server. But they are very friendly and helpful people. So if you have a website you need hosted, go www.clickhost.net.

2 Comments:

At August 05, 2006 7:23 am, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

right on! far out! All those musician-type words! No really it was an amazing thing to see ... must look out and take a listen to the two groups - Brittlestar and the Duffys - well done and congratulations you have done a very good thing!

 
At August 06, 2006 10:27 pm, Blogger Uli said...

WOW, congratulations! I really looks like a great deal of work being done. And - as a blogger since long - you will know better than me that work has just started. The fun will certainly go on and increase. I am sure you will enjoy it, webmistress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home