Sunday, July 09, 2006

Running again

Blogger is driving me CRAZY!!! I don't know why, but when I only had one more picture to upload it decided yet again that it had had enough and refused to display it. This happens more and more often. You can work around it by posting pictures with Picasa, but then they have the smaller size and it more work anyway. Is anybody else here who is using Blogger experiencing problems like this?

And if that wasn't enough, typing is difficult too. There is a huge black cat lying between the screen and the keyboard, slowly pushing the keyboard onto my lap. (I would post a picture, but... *sigh*) Well, it could be worse. He could be pushing the screen off the desk. Always look on the bright side of life.

I went running again this morning for the first time in weeks. My foot felt better, the weather is not quite so hot, so I thought it is worth a try. I didn't want to overdo it, so I ran only 10k in a slow pace (65 min). If my foot doesn't hurt tomorrow, I will go back to training three times a week. More will not be possible due to the situation at work, I fear.

It's surprising how green everything still is.

After days of heat and sunshine I had expected brown to be the predominant colour. But there even was some lilac around:


One thing I still have to figure out with the camera, is how to optimise the focus when doing close-ups. The little insect fellow in the first picture is not focussed enough, I think.

(Right. Now he's done it. The keyboard is on my lap. Ah well, never mind.)

The sheep are still here:

And this Sunday post would not be complete without pictures of ... yes, you've guessed it... water fowl:


(The little ones consist mainly of feet. It's the only part of their bodies that is already fully grown. A hilarous sure. Is some sort of coot? Looks different than the other ones, but similar.)

Beauty is in the detail...


But not always...

3 Comments:

At July 09, 2006 12:42 pm, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Lovely lovely green AND sheep AND ducks - I love the description that their feet are the biggest part of them!So apt!

 
At July 09, 2006 4:22 pm, Blogger Rurality said...

Nice pics! Yes, it's definintely something in the Coot family. It's amazing really, how similar some of the plants and animals are, so far away.

(I can't believe you didn't talk about the game from yesterady!)

 
At July 10, 2006 6:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picies :D I hope your feet will be ok. I was at The Calgary Stampede (Canadian version of an annual state fair) and they were doing this shoe insole demo. Its suppose to be scientifically proven to help your feet, but I tried it and it didn’t work. I do have a different kind of insole in my shoe that does help my feet and wondering if you have one? I hope you have something that will help your feet and all will be well. Please take care.. All The Very Best @>-->----

 

Post a Comment

<< Home