Monday, August 28, 2006

Casa Loma (part 2)

The garage, the garden shed and the stables are located on a piece of land across the road. The city of Toronto refused to close this road for Sir Pellatt, so he built a tunnel. Towers aren't my cup of tea, but tunnels are not problem, so I go underground.

The garage is almost empty nowadays...



There is not much going on in the stables either. But you can still smell horses and leather after all those years. Fantastic!

What a sad name for a horse...

I walk back through the tunnel to Casa Loma and take a look at the cellar. I was wrong about the Art Deco and I was wrong about the swimming pool. It was never actually finished and what I had in mind was the pool in the Hearst mansion in California. This whole in the ground is a bit of a disappointment.

The wine cellar is also not very impressive...

But the garden! It's not big, but it's lovely.

A water fountain! It doesn't take much to make me happy!




Looking around the house hasn't taken very long. It looks like I have been here for less than an hour.

I spend more than that looking around the garden, soaking up the sun, doing nothing much.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home