Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Lilac Time in concert (showtime)

At 9 pm Mr Williams graces us with his presence. There is no missing it. Fireworks, noise, smoke. And hysterical screams from 79,999 people. I swear, I kept my mouth shut.



Most of the pictures I took of the stage are crap. You cannot see a thing. Especially not The Lilac Time. This is one of the few, where I believe Stephen can be made out as the guy in the centre wearing the dark shirt and playing a guitar with white bits.




This may be Stephen too, behind Mr Williams. But then again it may not. Could be one of the guys in the choir. The flash took a long time to go off and with everyone dancing around me it was difficult to focus.

Can't remember the title of this song, but it had something to do with "hands in the air". Obviously.

This I am sure is Stephen. You just need to focus, then you'll see it too.



Bye-bye...

... and I want my money back. Very little "Stephen", a show that screamed "dreadful routine" all the way through, a vocalist who should clearly stop chain smoking, the most expensive seat in the house and it was miles away... At least Mr Williams got one thing right: when he introduced the band, he said "the genius that is Stephen Duffy". Didn't console me though. At least it didn't rain.

3 Comments:

At August 10, 2006 1:05 pm, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

The things you do for art! And friends! Poor you - I couldn't think of anything worse than going to a Rob Williams concert. Tho I think that he's quite a good singer if you could forget all the stuff that goes with him - unfortunately I can't, so he remains way way out of my listening range. Shame, as he does have a good voice - wish it belonged to someone way nicer.

 
At August 10, 2006 7:10 pm, Blogger Uli said...

Merits to Mr Williams that he made you giving a fascinating English lesson (to me). Highly enjoyable reading.

 
At August 10, 2006 7:32 pm, Blogger Rurality said...

Shame you couldn't have convinced six of your friends to accompany you to spell out "Stephen" on your garters... oh well those fancy seats really were far away, weren't they?!

The show wasn't good, though? I have to admit to buying the Greatest Hits album after Intensive Care - and liking them both. Can't say that on the Duffy list of course or Tom and friends will throw things at me.

You will see what a Duffy fan I am though, when I say that I DO recognize him in that picture!

I ordered my TLT shirt, but it didn't go through the first time. I got through this morning, probably just in time for all the lovely airline delays. So no telling when I'll get it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home