Thursday, April 26, 2007

Fora London marathon 2007 - the day after

The day after. I felt almost like a human being again. Just a slight muscle ache in the legs. But soemthing else had not been so lucky the day before. There was a casualty, my poor Polar watch. The wrist band tore after years of absorbing sweat.

As a marathon survival treat I will get myself the Bentley of heart rate watches, the Garmin Forerunner 305. It has a GPS receiver, so I will never get lost again running around in the forest. It is frightfully expensive, so it will have to be the Christmas/birthday/Eastern/... present to myself for at least a couple of years to come.

After breakfast I decided to visit the Victory and Albert Museum. It is just down the road from the hotel and always worth a visit. As you can see, the weather had turned colder and rainy again. (Why? Why not the day before?)

I hadn't been to the museum for a couple of years, so it was about time I went again. The collection of art and design is huge and you can spend days in there. I only had a couple of hours, so I concentrated on the fashion & jewlery exhibition. I may not look like it, but I am a fashion victim.


In this way inspired, I visited
Harvey Nichols and bought a jacket. The British economy is booming just because of my visit.

1 Comments:

At May 03, 2007 1:33 am, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Sounds like a wonderful, wonderful weekend - despite the loss of a watch - but hey! If you can get a gps one that will be good - I'm sure your father will be pleased! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home