Sunday, August 12, 2007

Stats of the week - week 32... and "Das Wunder im Wald"



Total running time: 4 h 54 min
Total distance run: 45.12 k
Total weight loss: 0

Still no weight lost. On Wednesday morning I had 0.5 kg less, but Thursday I went to the pub with A. & S., who felt they needed a drink after some not so good news, and the next day I was back to the old weight. Still, I don't understand why nothing much happens. I eat ever so sensibly (with the exception of that one night out) and I run a lot. Ideas anyone?

This morning I decided to run in Cologne again. I hadn't been for a long time and my scheduled said 18-20k (I did 19.32k, just for the record), which is a bit too long to do it without lots of repetition here at home. It was a beautiful morning and I thought that at 7:30 am I would be alone, but I wasn't. Many people had got up early, maybe like me afraid that it would get too warm for excersise during the day.

So, there I was running... ok jogging along (but still fast enough so that none of those terrorists with sticks, als known as the Nordic Walker, could overtake me). And then a miracle happened, "das Wunder im Wald". In front of me I spied one of the dreaded stick swingers of the very senior class (you know the type: closing in on 80, small, lean, brawny). His weapons moved vigorously from back to front and back. While I was still contemplating how to best beam him out of my track, he did the most amazing thing. He picked up his sticks and... began to run! Yes, he RAN! I think what I felt that moment can only be compared to the feeling of young parents watching their first child take its first steps. Or maybe God felt this way, when he saw the human amphibian leave the ocean to develop legs and feet. Of course, this moment of joy did not last very long. After about 100m he stopped and walked again. But hey! There is hope. He did it once, he may do it again.

Sadly, they paved paradise and put up a parking lot. Was that really necessary?

1 Comments:

At August 19, 2007 9:26 am, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

I think it must mean that you are at your ideal weight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home