Sunday, November 27, 2005

Eats, Shoots & Leaves

It started snowing again a coupe of hours ago. Bliss! The heating in the living room is on and the cat is lying right in front of it on his fluffy pillow, fast asleep. He is oblivious to the cold outside. I wonder how he managed to get through winter before he met me?

Listening to The Vanity Project (Steven Page of The Barenaked Ladies and - yes, you've guessed it - Stephen Duffy). Check it out, it's really good: www.vanity-project.com

I have no real command of the English grammar, especially punctuation rules. So I have started reading "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" by Lynne Truss. The book comes with a punctuation repair kit and maybe after I have finished reading it, I will come back here and fix some of the mistakes I have made in previous posts. But then, why bother?

A panda walks into a cafe. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and fires two shots in the air. "Why?" asks the confused waiter, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder. "I'm a panda," he says, at the door. "Look it up." The waiter turns to the relevant entry and, sure enough, finds an explanation. "Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves."

1 Comments:

At November 28, 2005 1:11 pm, Blogger Rurality said...

Hi Sabine, I recently got the Vanity Project album too and really like it too.

Yes you definitely need a digital camera (snow, cat, etc!).

Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home