Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Over and out

I don't know what's wrong with Blogger again, but it's difficult to upload pictures at the moment. Therefore the first three are of diminutive size.

My desk in the office was a mess, so I tidied up:


Now I can't find anything anymore. Not good.

The day of the World Cup semi-final between Germany and Italy. A couple of hours before the game, I am waiting in the lobby of our office building. We have decided to watch the game in a place round the corner, that has a video screen.


Is it art or is it a mirror-inverted map of Cologne?

Kandinsky...


At least one of us is wearing something as the occasion demands:

Still life: Crutch, wheat beer and blackberry

Flags...

The teams...

Italians singing...

Germans, not singing...

The game...

Miro in overtime...

Candle...

Off the train in the little town I live in. Masses of people get off with me. They are still singing "Deutschland, Deutschland". We may have lost, but we are happy that we got this far. At least the fourth best team in the world, if not even the third; that's cause to celebrate.

4 Comments:

At July 05, 2006 2:23 am, Blogger Gabriela said...

I'm sorry for the match...
I think Germany deserved the first place.
after my team has shown some horrible soccer, I was hoping that Germany wins...
My english is terrible...I'm a brasilian girl, and I love your cowntry. I just want to say that. kisses.

Gabi.

 
At July 05, 2006 7:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sabine :D I’m glad that you are ok. I was about to e-mail you because I thought you may not of been feeling well, because you were mentioning the pain in your foot a lot. I’m glad to see that you are ok. I was actually shocked that Italy won even though I was cheering them on. I thought for sure that Germany would of won the cup this year because the German team is obviously a strong team. I thought the final match would be Germany vs Brazil. Actually shocked at the quarter final results. Yeah, lots to be proud of, the German team is a great team. My fav. team is Spain, but they got eliminated early on. I’m sure Germany will win the third place finish. I hope you enjoy the rest of the World Cup Games. I hope all is well. Take Care @>-->----

 
At July 08, 2006 3:11 pm, Blogger Rurality said...

I was thinking of you during the game! It was great that you got to go to one of the games. Sounded exciting.

Years ago we got to see Argentina clobber the US, when the Olympics were held in Atlanta. We didn't know anything at all about soccer (football) at the time but it was a lot of fun anyway.

After the US lost, we were cheering for Brasil, but now I've had to switch to France... I like Zidane!

 
At July 09, 2006 12:41 pm, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

My blogroll didn't signal that you were blogging again so I missed a few of your blogs - I was thinking of you all through the run up to the finals ... sorry Gernmany lost ... :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home