Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Lilac Time in concert (arrival)

So, it's August 8th and I have a ticket to see The Lilac Time and their guest vocalist Robbie Williams in concert. My Lilac Time t-shirt arrived just in time the day before, so I put it on...


... and equipped with a grande vanilla latte survival kit...

... I make my way to Jahnwiesen just behind the football stadium to be entertained.

I arrive early and take a look around. The stage from behind...


There is a sound check going on and it's loud. I am puzzled by this sign:

It's in English and quotes mph. Did they bring English cars with them? How are they going to tell if they are above 6 mph if they are driving European ones? Is there a logic to this?

The sky doesn't look good and I fear the worst.

Getting to the venue wasn't difficult. Getting inside proves to be more of a challenge. We have to step over the things left behind by those who have camped in front of the entrance for days:

My ticket is of the most expensive category and my seat is on grandstand 6:

I am small, only 5 feet 2 inches. I don't like to stand in the crowd in front of the stage, because usually there is a 6 feet tall guy wearing a top hat in front of me. If I have a seat, I have something to stand on.

The stage from the front:

It's chilly, so I cover The Lilac Time with my sweater and wait for something to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home