Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Lilac Time in concert (waiting)

I pass the time chatting to Eddie, the security guy who is guarding grandstand 6. When I was at university I worked for the security in the Cologne stadium. Usually during football games but sometimes also during open air concerts. Times have changed since then. Eddie explains that today more than a clearance certificate is required. He had to take an official exam with legal questions and some pyhsical excersises too.

Then the entertainment starts on the screen. A mix of strange questions ("areas of research"), commercials and music videos. It's a Cure video. Hallelujah.


The first opening act is called Orson; they are from L.A. And they are... not very good. I saw this guy on the screen...

... arrive in a taxi minutes before the doors were opened. I guess he must have missed the band's bus. Their vocalist was not very likeable. Cannot really say why. I just didn't like him.

They left the stage with a threat on their lips: "we'll be back".

The sky looked even worse now and it got cold and windy.

I got a bit bored and took a picture of the band's mode of transportation.

Then some strange people arrived. There was green fluff growing on their heads. Next to each other they spelt... yes, you've guessed it... ROBBIE.

Second opening act of the evening: Basement Yazz. They are great! Very colourful show, groove, vitality.


A couple of vultures in the air. Papparazzis, I guess.

The "stadium" is full, time for the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home