Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!

This year was my second "annus horibilis" after 2002. Work was a NIGHTMARE, Mr Cat got ill and is still not improving much (today blood glucose was quite high again), there was some more private trouble that I don't want to go into and it's hopefully sorted now. "M", who it's fair to say also had a pretty bad year, wrote "I have checked with Her Majesty and we are allowed more than one annus horibilis, but no more than two in a decade." This means that the next three years will be good! Excellent!

But not all was bad this year. Some really nice things happened and this is what I want to remember about 2006: I survived the first marathon of my life. I met the mysterious "C" in London. He puts some "bling bling" into my inbox on an almost daily basis and makes me laugh. Thanks, mate! We built duffypedia together and I think it's extremely cool. I finally met "M" and "C" in person and they put me in touch with the above mentioned "M", who has become a penpal. The lovely "N" taught me how to make scones and other fascinating things about England. I saw Brittlestar play live and they rocked. Can't really say, that I saw a lot of Stephen at the Robbie Williams concert, but at least a glimps and a close up for the intro of "Make me pure".

Some good things happened to Mr Cat, too. He is now known as Feline Casanova, because he has four... yes, four... lady friends. They are all his penpals and live on the other side of The Channel, but he is in love with each one of them.

New Year's resolutions? None. But a couple of wishes: a healthy, happy Mr Cat, survival of the next London Marathon (secret wish: be faster than Uli, yeah... when hell freezes over), a holiday that is longer than a weekend, a Lilac Time concert without interference from Robbiiiiieeee.

One more thing: I have become a Unicef running ambassador and over the next days I will add information on how you can sponsor me for the London marathon 2007.

Have a happy and healthy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home