Saturday, December 02, 2006

Toronto... Paris... Cologne

Last Sunday I entrusted Mr Cat in my dad's care and went to Frankfurt airport...


... boarded a plane and flew to Toronto...

The plan was to spend 4 days in our office there and do some training on a new software. I knew the trip would not be much fun, because it has been announced that the Toronto office will be shut down soon and the staff there is not exactly motivated and happy there right now.

Monday night we went to an Ethiopian restaurant called Eethiopian House for dinner. I had never had African food before. You don't get any cuttlery, but eat with what is called injera, Ethopian bread that also serves as the plate.

Rather unexpectedly I had to leave a day earlier than planned. I boarded another plane and flew ...


... to Paris. Charles de Gaulle easily wins the "ugliest airport in the world" competition. I will spare you the sight of it and only show you the runway in the fog...

The meeting was in the earlier afternoon, so I went to a hotel and had a shower and a nap. The office is in an area called La Defense. The is a Christmas market is open now...






In the evening another flight, but this time home to Cologne...

1 Comments:

At December 03, 2006 3:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.. The Ethiopian food looks interesting.. kinda like Indian food and the same way they eat.. with bread instead of utensils. Most Indian food is vegetarian, maybe Ethiopian food is too? How was the Ethiopian food?

A place in Paris actually has an ugly airport :O I’ve never had an interest to go to Paris, but my cousin told me its very interesting and I should take a trip if I’m ever going to be visiting Europe. Some day ;D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home