Sunday, December 17, 2006

Stats of the week - week 5

I know, I am repeating myself, but it was a bad week. A very bad week. All time low on Wednesday. Half a bottle of an alcoholic beverage consumed to forget about the day. Didn't work.

The stats of week 5:

Total running time: 1 hours 5 min
Total distance run: 10 k
Total steps: 74,009

When the alarm went off at 7 am this morning, I crawled out of bed to give Mr Cat his insulin and then back into bed again for another couple of hours sleep. Then I went for a run in the forest, the only excersise all week.

I ran as fast as I could, which as you can see from the stats is currently not very fast. But at least my legs and my lung hurt. I wanted to feel like running just a little faster would make me drop dead, just to feel alive. During the week, I am too numb to feel anything.

Lunch time is not a good time to run. There are masses of runner's pest, ie Nordic Walkers.



There are people on bikes, people with prams, people with dogs, just too many people. There are even people with boats:

Next week I will try to be here early again.

Ice cream? You must be joking!

Pure white and beautiful feathers, but evidence of death, I fear...

At the lake, again, some interesting water fowl...


If you stare at me, I'll stare at you...


Lots of messages, does anyone ever read them?


Further proof that I am not quite myself right now, came after the run at home. I made a late lunch using amongst other things a chili pepper. While I was cutting it, I made a mental note to wait for a couple of hours before I sticking my fingers into my eyes to take the contact lenses out. Guess what? Immediately after lunch I stuck my fingers into my eyes and tried to take my contact lenses out. Boy, did I feel alive then.

And finally, a sugarcat update: he is doing ok. The level of his blood sugar has dropped, but it stays fairly high during the whole day. I have reduced the amount of insulin, but still it doesn't drop like it should. This could mean that it is the wrong kind of insulin and he is not reacting to it. Or the dosis is still too high. Or he has some kind of infection that we haven't noticed yet. Or it's all due to him being FIV positive. Very complicated! I will try to get half a day off this week, so I can go and see a different vet. The one I am currently seeing is a very nice lady, but I fear she doesn't know enough about diabetes. I want the best for Mr Cat, so I will have to find someone who does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home