Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Travelling

I have been travelling in England for a couple of days and I left my laptop at home deliberately. Firstly because I had a lot of baggage already and secondly I wanted to see how I would cope without it. Am I addicted to modern ways of communication? Well, yes. I did pop into an Internet cafe once to write some emails and check a few things. And I cheated from the outset because the Blackberry let me read my emails any time, any day. And I did. Scary!

I took notes on the trip the old fashioned way (pen and paper- my handwriting is a mess!) and will blog those over the next couple of days. I may even back-date the entries to the actual day. Would that be cheating? (Added Oct 27th - For the record: I have decided to cheat.)

The cat was very well looked after while I was away. He had a babysitter in the shape of my dad, who loves him to bits. Sometimes I think he loves the cat more than me. But both of them looked happy to see me again yesterday. The cat spent the night wrapped round my neck like a fur coat, purring. My dad, of course, did nothing of the kind.

2 Comments:

At October 28, 2005 8:30 pm, Blogger Sabine said...

Mmmmh, I'd personally prefer one that looked like Colin Firth. Ahh, that pond scene...

 
At October 29, 2005 12:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sabine,

I have been reading your notes re:your holiday in England, seems you had a lovely time save or the flooded toilet and delayed flight for 90 minutes!!!! The pictures are crystal clear and lovely. Sorry that you never enjoyed the Salsa night thought it would be fun but because of not having good company of people you know made it a bit boring for you. I like the Cooden Beach photo very much its like a Post card! Catch you soon.

Lots of love,

Namazzi xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home