Sunday, February 05, 2006

The loneliness of the long distance runner

Total running time this week: 6 hours, 55 minutes
Total distance run: 50 km

This morning, I ran around the forest for 2h 30min and circled the lakes twice. It was a grey and cloudy morning, not quite as cold as last weekend.

For a couple of minutes I traced the footballers of 1. FC Köln, but they were going too fast. I saw them again later at the clubhouse, where they were stretching. I am a fan and a member of the club; they haven't played very well lately. Yesterday was ok; at least the didn't lose.

Along the way I saw some beautiful trees:

What kind of fungus is this?

There are a number of large rocks throughout the forest and I wonder, where they have come from. Unfortunately there is a white spot at the bottom of this picture, but I post it nevertheless, because I like it.

After I had run for about an hour it started to snow again:

The ducks were back again, too. The one in the middle must be the black sheep of the family:

And this little fellow makes some interesting noises! I think it's a coot (fulica atra).

1 Comments:

At February 06, 2006 6:15 pm, Blogger Rurality said...

Yep, a coot! We have those too.

As for fungi, I've come to the conclusion that it's nearly impossible... even with a book!

We were supposed to get snow last night but it ended up being rain instead. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home