Sunday, January 14, 2007

Paris - yet again

Last Sunday afternoon I took the train to Paris to take part in a two day event organised by our new "maman". We are very busy in the office at the moment, so I needed this convention like a hole in my head. But I was told that it would be very important that I take part. Mmmh, somehow I cannot help thinking that noone would have noticed if I had stayed away.

View from my hotel window on the first night:


Almost everyone from the other offices had already arrived Sunday evening, because the event started at 8 am Monday morning. So a couple of us went out to find a restaurant. None of the ones the D. had on his list were open, so we ended up in a tiny place that served specialities from La RĂ©union (which is near Madagascar; when I said so, my dear collegue insisted it was in the Caribean, but it is not; ha!).

Paris at night is quite beautiful...



I am not so sure about Paris during the day, but the only time I got to see that during those days was from my hotel room in the morning:


Tennis anyone?


Monday evening ended with drinks in a old warehouse that has been turned into a place you can entertain large groups in. It has been decorated with all sorts of things from fun fairs and the circus. Very stylish. No food. Not good.


Back at the hotel, we walked a couple of meters up the road to take picture of the Eiffel tour. My hand is shaking. Too much wine, too little food. But it looks arty, so I will post it never the less...


Tuesday evening the convention ends with a dinner boat trip on the Seine. Much better view of the Eiffel tour inclusive...


But either the boat picks up speed or my hand is shaking again. The rest is just a blur...

I tried again, this time with the flash... the result is not shaken, but not exactly what I wanted either...



I returned home by train Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home