Sunday, January 07, 2007

Stats of the week - week 8

Total running time: 3 hours
Total distance run: 29.1 k
Total steps: 76,290

It's getting better... on the surface at least. I have run more this week than any week so far, but the pace the Jens has asked me to run was too fast. At least it was too fast Thursday and Friday evening on the treadmill. My head looked like a fire engine after minutes and I had to walk in between to calm down. This morning, in the forest, it was ok. I ran the same pace and was out of breath at the end, but not clinically dead. And I did not have to walk! Still, this pace was a piece of cake a year ago. The marathon is only 3 months and 14 days away. I am scared and seriously thinking about adjusting my goal from "4:10 - 4:15" to "survival".

Because I wanted to see if I can run this pace for 12k, I did not stop to take any pictures. So there is only one before the start...


... and after I returned...

It has rained quite a bit over the last days, so the ground was muddy and wet. I have dirty feet...


... and my little car too...

3 Comments:

At January 07, 2007 11:14 pm, Blogger Uli said...

I am with you, Sabine. My goal is even lower, it is down to "get to the start line". I refrain from setting up any training plan now, but I still hope the two of us will be fit until April 22. We will survive and beam again together!

 
At January 08, 2007 1:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You’ve got to keep going
Ah ha keep going
Mm mm keep going
Don’t stop don’t stop now

Keep on moving
Keep on moving
Keep on moving

Don’t stop don’t stop now
(c)Stephen Duffy

 
At January 11, 2007 3:06 am, Blogger Kay Cooke said...

Way to go! You deserve a medal - hope 2007 is a better year for you. Me. I am aiming to walk - not run - for half an hour every day - peanuts! compared to what you do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home