Saturday, January 27, 2007

Back again - Part 1

Reason for long silence on my part... an unexpected business trip to Toronto. On the 16th it was spontaneously decided that S. and myself should fly to Toronto the next day and stay until the 20th. Our mission... to account and control. Safe the Fast Close! Was it our idea? I don't remember.

So, I packed my Super Accountant costume and in the morning of the 17th of January we boarded an Air Canada plane and flew to Toronto. We worked on the plane, of course, ....

... yes, ok. We watched videos, too. I watched The Illusionist, which was not bad at all. I like Edward Norton. He is an excellent actor.

Ah, first signs of Canada...


Meanwhile, I am wearing Corporate Identity socks, courtesy of Air Canada. Our new Holding company's colour scheme is just the same. Argh!



Looks like there is snow on the ground...


Yes, there is.


We check into the Marriott just opposite the office. I don't remember having had that many pillows on a hotel bed before!

Then it is work, work, work for the next days. On Saturday, just a couple of hours before the car was scheduled to pick us up for the airport, we decided to stay for a couple of days more. Work is not completed, questions unanswered. The car is canceled, the flights home rescheduled for to the 23rd and we check back into our hotel.
Sunday morning we take off and cross the lake to Toronto island. If you would like to see what it looks like in summer, check this out.


Just how fast can a bicycle go???
Head, fish, flamingo... it must be art.


Swimming? You must be kidding!


Traditional shot of my feet in the lake...

1 Comments:

At January 28, 2007 1:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But is it art?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home